Date Available: May 21, 2019
Activity time-frame: 1:15 pm – 4:45 pm
*Loading begins at 1:00 pm and the bus will depart promptly at 1:15 pm. The bus will be located outside of The Nines hotel and staff will be on site to direct you to the buses. Please exit the front doors of the hotel and look for staff members holding signs that say Fannie Mae- Portland City Tour.
Per person price: $55.00
Minimum group size: 15
Maximum group size: 20
- Transportation by mini bus
- Professional Tour Guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottled Water
More than just a basic city tour, our half-day tour of Portland, Oregon will reveal the laid-back small city feel of this fun and thriving downtown. Not only will you experience the best Portland sites, including Pioneer Courthouse Square, the Pittock Mansion, Lan Su Chinese Garden, and the International Rose Test Garden, but you will also find out what makes the citizens of Portland so colorful, and learn the cultural history of this unique Pacific Northwest city.
Downtown Portland & Pioneer Courthouse Square
Learn about the modern heart of the city, Portland’s downtown, and the historical importance it has played in the state’s history. Enjoy the sights of Pioneer Courthouse Square, fondly referred to as Portland’s Living Room. This community space opened in 1984, and has become the center of the city’s social activity with over 300-programmed event days. Pioneer Square is the perfect spot for people-watching and observing Portland culture at its best: everything from fresh-food markets to beer festivals to political protests to the city’s largest community sing-along.
Perched 1,000 feet above the city at the edge of Portland’s largest urban wilderness (Forest Park), the Pittock Mansion is a meticulously preserved architectural landmark that illustrates Portland’s growth from pioneer town to bustling city. This early 20th century French chateau was built by successful newspaper publisher, Henry Pittock and his wife Georgiana in 1914, and occupied by their descendants until 1958. The Pittock Mansion was severely damaged in the 1962 Columbus Day Storm, and then nearly torn down by developers in the 1960’s. Spurred by community activists to preserve the historic home, the City of Portland bought the estate in 1964. Today the mansion is a community landmark and offers one of the best views in town.
International Rose Test Garden
One of the city’s signature landmarks, located in beautiful Washington Park, Portland’s largest official rose garden is home to more than 10,000 roses including 650+ rose varieties. From May through October, you can stroll among the lovely blooms, breathe in the delightful smells, and enjoy the spectacular views of downtown and Mount Hood.
Lan Su Chinese Garden
Lan Su Chinese Garden is one of Portland’s greatest treasures. Built by Chinese artisans from Suzhou, one of Portland’s sister cities, Lan Su Garden is considered one of the most authentic Chinese gardens outside of China. The Garden is a reflection of Chinese culture featuring fragrant blossoms, covered walkways, open pavilions, artistic and symbolic elements, and more than 500 species of Chinese plants. Step inside the garden to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, and immerse yourself in the peaceful surroundings.
Nob Hill/Pearl District
Experience Portland’s trendiest downtown neighborhoods. Nob Hill features a popular shopping district with tree-lined streets and lovely Victorians re-purposed into restaurants, boutique shops, and dessert bars. In the Pearl District, we will see formerly derelict warehouses transformed into a thriving restaurant and brewery scene, and now one of the most expensive places to live in the city.
Tour Price Includes: Guest pick up and drop off, entrance fees, transportation, Tour Guide, and all applicable fees, unless otherwise stated.
Not Included in Price: Gratuity.
Requirements: Each tour requires a 15-person minimum for confirmation of operation which can be met by multiple people booking. If tour is canceled due to not meeting the minimum required guests will be notified and refunded.
Payment: Reservations can be made on-line with a credit or debit card. Payment will be processed immediately to secure your reservation.
Reservations: All reservations are final at time of booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made through April 9, 2019 will receive a full refund. Cancellations made after April 9, 2019 are non-refundable.
Terms and Conditions:
- Other Entities: Viva! Events and America’s Hub World Tours (AHWT) will not be held responsible for cancellations, changes to services/fees/price, conduct, of quality of goods and services for entities that operate under any name other than AHWT including, but not limited to: vendors, tour operators, vineyards and wineries, event staff, hotels, transportation companies, restaurants and entertainers.
- Weather: Unless otherwise noted and specified all services are planned to operate regardless of weather. In the event of an “Act of God” and weather presents a safety issue AHWT will offer other tours to consider. There will be no reimbursements, full or partial, for inclement weather experienced during any service provided. It is the responsibility of the guests to be prepared for predicted weather and dress accordingly.
III. Conduct: AHWT assumes no responsibility for conduct of individuals other than its guides/employees/officers.
- Indemnify: Except as otherwise prohibited by law each party shall indemnify and hold the other party harmless from all claims, actions, suits, losses, and expenses of any nature for its employees or subcontractors, breach of their agreement, negligence or intentional misconduct.
- Insurance: America’s Hub World Tours (AHWT), will ensure all tour operators and bus companies provide insurance coverage for all vehicles utilized while providing services.
No smoking or consumption of alcohol or intoxicating drugs is allowed in vehicles. America’s Hub World Tours (AHWT) is not responsible for articles left in vehicles. A $200 minimum damage/cleaning fee resulting from customer misuse will be automatically charged. All passengers are responsible and liable for their own actions while in vehicles; neither the driver nor the company is responsible or liable for any injury or damage caused by, or as a result of any customer actions. America’s Hub World Tours (AHWT) is not in control of traffic, and therefore takes no responsibility for time delays due to traffic.